Table of Contents:
Fox FE and our service providers may collect the following information from and about you:
Registration Information is the information you submit to register for a Fox FE Service, for example, to create an account, post comments, receive a newsletter, or enter a contest or sweepstakes. Registration Information may include, for example, name, email address, gender, zip code and birthday.
Public Information and Posts consist of comments or content that you post to the Fox FE Services and the information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, comments, likes, status, profile information and picture. Public Information and Posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
Activity Information. When you access and interact with the Fox FE Services, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to the Fox FE Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Fox FE Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your device so the website can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Fox FE Services, such as pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have seen.
Third parties that support the Fox FE Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate Fox FE Services usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information. Fox FE does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information. Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website, see http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer/. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization available through the Fox FE Services.
Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our Company Affiliates or business partners.
We use the information we collect from and about you to provide the Fox FE Services and features to you, including: to measure and improve those Fox FE Services and features; to improve your experience with both online and off-line Fox FE Services by delivering content you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; to allow you to comment on content, and participate in online games, contests, or rewards programs; to provide you with customer support and to respond to inquiries. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for these additional purposes:
To allow service providers to assist us in providing and managing the Fox FE Services. Fox FE may make your information available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide the Fox FE Services.
To contact you. Fox FE may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to the Fox FE Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of, such as notifications of changes to the Fox FE Services or policies. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
To share with business partners. Fox FE may share your information with business partners to permit them to send you marketing communications consistent with your choices.
To complete a merger or sale of assets. If Fox FE sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, Fox FE may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
Fox FE uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided directly to us, you may contact us as outlined in Section 7. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify clearly what information you would like to access, change, update, or suppress. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may request that we not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with Company Affiliates or unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Fox FE: Disclosure Opt-out” in the subject line. Please include your full name, email address, postal address and the relevant Fox FE Service in the body of the email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Remember that even after you cancel your account, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancelation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
Sensitive Information. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Fox FE Services or otherwise.
Mail: C/O Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Online, 2816 Columbia Street. Torrance, CA 90503
We may collect and use different types of personal information submitted to the Fox FE Services by children under 13 in a variety of ways, which are described below. In each instance, we comply with the parental consent requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
• We may collect a child's email address in connection with a contest, sweepstakes or game for the sole purpose of communicating with the child on a one-time-only basis (e.g., to contact a sweepstakes winner). This information will not be used to re-contact the child, and will be deleted from our records when the contest or game is over. Parental consent is obtained before we send a prize to any winner under 13.
• We may collect a child's email address in order to respond more than once to a child's specific request. For example, the child may want to subscribe to an online newsletter or receive other online communications from Fox FE. In these instances, Fox FE will also obtain a parent's email address along with the child's. Before any further contact with the child, Fox FE will send an email to the parent (A) notifying him or her we have collected the child's email address in order to respond more than once to the child's request for a subscription, information, etc.; (B) informing the parent that he or she can refuse us permission to contact the child, and how to do so; and (C) informing the parent that if he or she does not respond to the email within one (1) week, Fox FE may use the child's information for the purpose for which it was submitted. Under no circumstances will the child be allowed to participate without giving a parent's email address.
• We may collect a child's personal information (including name, email address, mailing address and phone number) for such activities as chats, forums, surveys, games, bulletin boards, requests for suggestions, subscription registrations, content submissions, requests for products or services, or requests for additional information. In these instances, we will obtain appropriate verifiable parental consent.
• If Fox FE sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, Fox FE may transfer your child's information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
• We may share your child's personal information with service providers that provide support for the FOX FE Services by, for example, providing, or assisting us in providing the FOX FE Services to your child. If we plan to share your child's personal information with a third party for any reason other than to provide these or other internal support services, we will notify you and give you the opportunity to opt-out of such disclosure. Parents may consent to Fox FE's collection and use of a child's personal information without consenting to the disclosure of the information to third parties other than such service providers.
Please note that when a user of the Fox FE Services is under the age of 13, Fox FE is prohibited from conditioning the user’s participation in an activity on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity.
If you would like to review any personal information that we have collected online from your child, request that we stop the use and collection of such information, and/or have that information deleted, please contact us at email@example.com or at 2816 Columbia Street, Torrance, CA 90503; (888) 223-4369.